- If you are resigning because of any problems at work or a clash of some sort, you should carefully choose what to write. You might have tried to resolve the problem, but it didn't work out. The real issue might have been the management which didn't or couldn't help. Clash of values with the company is also a problem. So, you should partially highlight the conflict because it may have been in the management itself.
- State that you are resigning. Give a date of entry into force.
- Mention why you are leaving. Mention the opportunities offered elsewhere. You can also be direct about the reasons if it is necessary.
- Appreciate the training and experience you got from this job.
- Explain how much time you need for transferring your duties smoothly.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I regretfully am announcing my resignation as a company sales manager. I am expecting that this will take effect no later than a week from now. The reason I am taking this step is that I have recently found out about the real state of how things run the office. I have discovered that some of the higher up employees engage in very legally questionable acts that all my beliefs, values, and morals reject. I do not wish to be involved in any such "under the table" dealings, and I do know that I must leave to preserve my morals and dignity.
I feel very strongly about this matter, and I do hope that after I leave the company, steps shall be made to remedy and eliminate this growing web of corruption which has entangled the company and its employees' lives. I thank you for all the opportunities the company has opened up to me, and I do wish the best for all the people I have been my friends.
Before I leave, I will train my predecessor, and will make sure that I would be able to do this last thing for the company. Again, thank you for everything.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -