- Before quitting your present job, make sure that you find a new job. You might want to express anger or frustration you hid for a long time, but it's wise not to show it in your resignation letter. You can't say anything about your future or your new associates for sure. So, carefully choose your words or you'll regret about what you said. It is better to keep your tone positive. After all, it is said, "Never burn your bridges."
- State that you are resigning. Mention the job position and give a date of entry into force.
- Explain why you are leaving. If it seems appropriate, comment on the difficulty of this decision.
- Appreciate the experience, your time in the company and relationships.
- Explain how much time you need for transferring your duties smoothly.
- If you wish to keep working on a limited basis, discuss the possibility of remote consultation.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I am sad for letting you know about my decision of resigning from my position as Manager-Divisions, effective one week from today's date. Eager to pursue new challenges, I have decided to accept a job offer in a field more closely aligned with my course of study. Also financial concerns have been one primary cause of this decision of mine. I did not receive a salary hike even after working for all these years in the same organization. My new position will put my talents and interests to work in a new and exciting area.
Although I have accepted a position in another field, it does not detract from the fact that my job at Jins has been one with all sorts of emotions, I'd rather say that they are mixed. I have enjoyed working with all of my friends here, and I want to thank everyone for their support over the years.
When my resignation date arrives, I expect all my projects to be current and my obligations fulfilled. If there is anything else I can do to help make this a smooth transition, please let me know.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -