- The letter is sent to remind both the customer and the target customer of your unending desire to serve him/her. Do not repeat previous offers but present him or her new ideas, like additional facts about the product or a special discount. You may opt to send her two letters, one after the meeting and another few weeks later for follow-up purposes.
- Thank the customer for his or her time and interest during the presentation of the product and service. If you plan to follow-up, you can ask the client whether he successfully received the materials and if he enjoyed reading it.
- Highlight the qualities that are most attractive to the customer, or those that will best fit his necessities.
- Show the customer the ease of placing an order. Explain the steps very well and encourage him/her.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I thank you for letting me showcase my insurance proposal. It was an enjoyable meeting.
I would like to reinstate some of the main aims of the policy and also wish to answer all you queries.
*If you apply for insurance now, one of you family member will get a 50% discount
* The down payment is very less
* You can customize the policy according to your wish
Also, I would like you to take a look at the fantastic savings you can make on this policy. You can save up to $500 per year.
I will call you by next week to answer all your queries. For any further details, please call 111-222-111.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -
Follow up after a sales presentation. Sample letter.
Further things to consider when writing follow-up letters to business partners
Follow-up letters are letters you write after business contracts, job interviews or business meetings to show that you are still interested in the recipients and that you are willing to build a relationship. Follow-up letters provide a platform for continued communication and are an effective way of consolidating a real relationship between you and the recipients. A follow-up letter is important in the early stages of a business relationship as it gives you an opportunity to reintroduce yourself and reconnect with the recipient. It also gives you a chance to address a concern that was raised at the previous meeting or give additional information to the recipient.
Well written follow-up letters can make a great difference in your success. These are letters sent during the early stage of the relationship, and therefore the writing style should be fairly formal. Make sure to write the letter as soon as possible after the meeting to keep things fresh. Explain your point clearly and avoid making unnecessary assumptions. Try as much as possible not to convey any negative sentiments. Where necessary, remind the recipient of any deadlines as well as date and time for the next meeting. Close the letter positively.
Letters to Business Partners
Letters to business partners are letters you write to people with whom you have some degree of involvement with their business dealings. A business partnership is a legal relationship formed when two or more people agree to run a business together are co-owners. When you make such a partnership, you need to write a letter to your business partners to convey your message clearly and strongly, and to keep a legal record of the partnership. The letter should be formal and must contain the partnership offer, names of all the business partners, and the terms and conditions of the partnership.
Letters to business partners should be written with a professional tone. They should conform to all the accepted business letters standards. State the purpose of the letter. Give all the necessary details regarding the partnership as outlined in the contract. Include the name and title of the recipient. Employ the appropriate formal salutations and closings. State the date clearly and mention any document that is enclosed with the letter. Close the letter on a positive note and sign it off with your name and title. Letters to business partners should be printed on the company's letterhead.