- The function of this invitation letter is to advertise your organization's products and increase sales. It strengthens the bond between the company and its customers. Such events also help in attracting new clients.
- Make the beginning interesting to get the reader's attention.
- Invite the reader to attend the event. Offer a lucrative incentive too.
- Mention all the necessary details, like date, time, and place of the event.
- Tell the reader that you expect him/her to attend the event.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
Leadership Seminars Inc. will be visiting Westchester this coming May 28-31!
We invite you to take part in any of the leadership seminars to be conducted at the grand ballroom of Westchester Central.
Discover how the latest trends and technology can bring forth greater efficiency and effectiveness and lets you see results in the shortest span of time. You are most welcome to join all of the seminars that we are offering.
To gain more understanding of leadership and leadership styles, attend any or all of these seminars for free:
- Developing Executive Leadership (June 1, 2011)- Collaborative Leadership Skills for Managers (June 2, 2011)-Preparing for Leadership: What it Takes to Take the Lead Classroom Seminars (June 3, 2011)-Leading with Emotional Intelligence (June 4, 2011)We would like to inform you however that seats are limited, and already, a lot of people have been inquiring about it. So make your reservation now. Call 67891011.
On top of all the learning, there will also be perks to being given away. Hope to see you there!
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -
Sample invitation letter to a leadership seminar.
Further things to consider when writing invitation letters to management
Invitation letters are letters you write to request people to meetings, formal occasions, or events. As the name suggests, the first and primary purpose of invitation letters is to request the presence of the recipient and the second is to confirm that the recipient will be present. Although invitation letters are mostly used to invite people to social events, they can also be used when applying for visas. Depending on the event, these letters can be formal or informal. Regardless, all invitation letters must be sent in advance to give the recipient enough time to respond or plan ahead.
Great invitation letters are brief and easy to understand. Start by introducing yourself and write a sentence or two about the host. Provide the necessary information regarding the event such as the date and time of the event, venue, dress code, how to accept or decline the invitation, etc. Mention some of the activities that would be taking place during the event and which ones the recipient would be taking part in if any. Provide your contact details in case the recipient needs further information. End by expressing anticipation of the recipient's attendance to the event.
Letters to Management
Letters to management are letters written to the personnel or department that controls and makes decisions for a company or organization. These could be job application letters to apply for jobs, complaint letters to raise complaints, inquiry letters to request information, etc. Under all circumstances, all letters written to the management should be formal, contain all the necessary information, and free of grammatical errors. They must also be typed in a legible and professional font. Make sure not to include any sensitive information especially when the letter is not addressed to a specific person.
Before writing letters to management, you need to think about what you want to achieve and exactly who you are writing to. Use proper address and salutation. If you do not have an existing relationship with the recipient, introduce yourself in the first paragraph. Start with the most important information and go directly to the point. Keep it brief. However, if your letter is relatively lengthy, break it into short paragraphs. If there are any attachments, make sure to mention that in the letter and give a brief description of what they are. Finish with an expression of appreciation and give your contact details.