- While presenting a suggestion in this letter, keep your tone helpful. Don't sound critical. Make it clear that the reader will gain a personal from this proposal. Mentioning this benefit will urge the reader to take your advice seriously.
- Start the letter with a statement that will persuade the reader to keep reading. Make some remarks about the benefit the reader will get.
- Briefly offer a suggestion in a helpful tone.
- Keeping the reader's situation in mind, provide additional information about how to follow your advice.
- In a friendly way, ask the reader to respond. Motivate him/her to follow your advice.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
Recently, you requested for more information on the Daly Solar TV, and we are more than happy to send you the brochure.
However, you have not communicated back to us, and we think that you might have many questions about this incredible technological breakthrough.
To help you decide, we are giving you some answers to some of the questions that are frequently asked about the Daly Solar TV.
Is sunlight needed for it to operate?
The answer is no. With its unique patented technology, this TV can play day or night. The solar batteries onboard can store up to a playing time of 10 hours.
What are the features of the Solar TV that make it unique?
1. Its batteries use microplate technology in collecting the sun's energy. These microplates are not harmful.
2. Photovoltaics converts the solar energy collected into electricity. These photovoltaics or solar cells are so efficient that it can save more than 50% of the solar energy that is collected.
3. The solar TV has an existing power network that will store all the unused solar energy gathered.
Don't forget that Daly Solar TV does not need any battery, and it recharges itself using a state-of-the-art system. You will never be cut-off from the rest of the world.
I believe that this information is helpful to you and that if you have any more questions, you can contact us. The Daly Solar TV can be shipped to you within 36 hours after you placed your order.
You may call us at 555-5555, and our service agents will be glad to assist you.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -
Introduction letter offering brochure for Daly Solar TV.
Further things to consider when writing direct marketing letters to consumers
Direct Marketing Letters
Direct marketing letters are letters written to persuade the recipients to purchase products or services in the absence of salespersons. If drafted correctly, direct marketing letters can be one of the most effective marketing tools for your business. They have been used by businesses to cut the cost of advertising and to inform their loyal customers about discounts and special offers. In most cases, they usually advertise single service or product line, especially one that is considered to generate great profit to the business. Direct marketing letters allow you to reach prospective customers and generate business.
Direct marketing letters should be sweet and to the point. Begin the letter with a provocative idea that captures the recipient's attention and makes him/her want to keep reading. Clearly state the top benefits of the product or service you are selling, giving practical and real life examples. If necessary, include testimonials from customers who have used the product or service. Write in a conversational style and use short paragraphs. Use an active voice too and interesting phrases that encourage the recipient to continue reading. Conclude the letter with a strong statement or argument that compels the recipient to respond or take the necessary action.
Letters to Consumers
Letters to consumers are letters sent to people who purchase goods and services in retail for their own use. These could be response letters from companies to respond to claims, requests, or queries from consumers. They could also be inform letters to notify consumers of the best products on the market or about the termination of a previously offered service. Letters to consumers are formal and are usually printed on the company letterhead. Depending on the issue and the nature of the content, the letters can be addressed to specific people or generalized for all consumers.
Letters to consumers usually follow all the rules of formal letters. First, the senders' and the recipients' addresses must be well stated and placed properly in the letter. Then, the subject of the letter must be clearly stated so that the recipient can quickly know what the letter is about even before he/she reads it. When it comes to the content, be concise but thoroughly discuss the subject. Mention any action the recipient is supposed to take and why this is important. If there are any enclosures, explain them briefly in the letter. Close the letter with your name, signature, and job title.