- The invitation letter often includes a talk about charity or fund-raising for the organization. Write the letter in a business-like or personal tone, based on your relationship with the client.
- Write the invitation letter and discuss the purpose of the activity's purpose, add necessary details such as the date, time, and place. You can also provide a list of the other participants that will attend the activity.
- Discuss why the activity of your organization is worth their help.
- Explain the value of their presence.
- Tell the invitee whether he is allowed to invite another person or if he or she won't be able to attend the event. If you don't clarify it, she or she might assume that the invitation is cannot be transferred.
- Show that you look forward to the success of the event and request for a reply on a particular date.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
The Lancaster Adult Literacy Council would like to invite you to attend a charity performance evening to be held to raise funds for future work by the Council. The performance will feature a special section where the internationally famous comedian, Scott Carson, will run through his act.
You are probably aware of the great work that the Lancaster Adult Literacy Council does, and every year hundreds of Adults in Lancaster and York are taught to read and write to assist with their work. Additionally, there are many donations made each year to worthy causes like the funding for local libraries.
You can assist with the work of the Council through the purchasing of a ticket to the charity evening. The performance will take place on the night of April 13 in the Lancaster High School auditorium. We have priced the tickets at a modest $20 each.
We have attached an order form where you can purchase as many tickets as you want to, all that is needed is a check for the correct amount. There is also a chance to make a donation if you are unable to make the performance on the night. We look forward to your response.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -