- Networking is useful when you search for a job or other opportunities because you make a lot of friends and associations who can help you out. You have to provide enough information about your qualifications and needs to make this strategy work. So, they will know which job suits you whenever any opportunity comes up. This letter should serve this purpose.
- Keep in mind the person's association with you before addressing him/her.
- Mention your need for a job. Explain what kind of job you need by specifying the industry and position.
- Skip the first two steps if you don't know the person. Directly state your qualifications, area of expertise and experience.
- If you know the reader very well, and he/she asked for your resume, send the documents. Don't forget to refer to these enclosed documents. Don't send your documents to anyone you don't know very well.
- Mention any particular job requirements such as industry type, location, salary, health and other packages, etc.
- Request the reader's help. End with an expression of appreciation.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
Greetings! My name is Jackson Wright and just in case you don't remember, we met about three months ago during the event at Masters Industries in Vancouver. I remember you telling the group over dinner that you are heading the Research Center down at Biggen Laboratories in the city of Paxton. I was also employed to do laboratory research and have been doing it for over seven years now. I am, however, actively seeking new employment at the moment and would appreciate any information you can give me regarding openings in Braxton.
I have included a copy of my updated curriculum vitae so you can get a better idea of the experience I have had in the field of scientific research, as well as my educational background. If you have any further questions, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. My contact details are listed below.
I want to thank you in advance for your time and efforts and look forward to hearing from you soon.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -