- When you contact a prospective customer through a mutual acquaintance, you should use a less formal tone. Use this opportunity to refer to your mutual friend. Tell the reader what he/she liked about your product or service. Also, list the benefits the reader can get by purchasing your product or service.
- State the name of the person who told you about the reader. Also, mention why you wrote this letter.
- Promote your products by giving some information that will interest the reader. Either you can give a few details to spark the prospective client's interest, or you can choose to provide detailed information.
- Discuss what the mutual acquaintance liked about your product or service.
- Ask the reader to contact you or offer to communicate with him/her yourself. Also, invite to answer any questions.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
Good day! As of this time, I am looking for a job in the advertising field and was told that you may be able to help me. I have been an admirer of your work for as long as I can remember and am in awe of how you have positively changed the advertising industry with your innovation and execution of your ideas. Because of the outstanding reputation that you have built for yourself, as well as the success of your business, I believe that you may just have the connections with other companies that could provide me with the significant leads for me to land a job.
I have had over four years of experience in the field of advertising. I have included a copy of my updated curriculum vitae that will provide you with a better idea of my credentials and qualifications. I would greatly appreciate any advice that you could give me on what direction my career should be headed at this point.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -