- Guidelines under construction!
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
With the kind of lifestyle that modern people have today, only 30% of all Americans get proper nutrition. The other 70% lack the basic vitamins and minerals the body needs to function correctly and to resist sickness and disease. Don't fall into this group.
Start taking Finn Supplements to get all the nutrition you need. It will not only make you feel better inside but will also make a positive impact on how you look on the outside.
Give us your order by calling 333-3333. If you are one of our first 500 callers, you will avail of our 30% discount!
Stop depriving your body what it needs to keep you healthy. Take Finn Supplements today!
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -
Product marketing letter for nutritional supplements.
Further things to consider when writing direct marketing letters to consumers
Direct Marketing Letters
Direct marketing letters are letters written to persuade the recipients to purchase products or services in the absence of salespersons. If drafted correctly, direct marketing letters can be one of the most effective marketing tools for your business. They have been used by businesses to cut the cost of advertising and to inform their loyal customers about discounts and special offers. In most cases, they usually advertise single service or product line, especially one that is considered to generate great profit to the business. Direct marketing letters allow you to reach prospective customers and generate business.
Direct marketing letters should be sweet and to the point. Begin the letter with a provocative idea that captures the recipient's attention and makes him/her want to keep reading. Clearly state the top benefits of the product or service you are selling, giving practical and real life examples. If necessary, include testimonials from customers who have used the product or service. Write in a conversational style and use short paragraphs. Use an active voice too and interesting phrases that encourage the recipient to continue reading. Conclude the letter with a strong statement or argument that compels the recipient to respond or take the necessary action.
Letters to Consumers
Letters to consumers are letters sent to people who purchase goods and services in retail for their own use. These could be response letters from companies to respond to claims, requests, or queries from consumers. They could also be inform letters to notify consumers of the best products on the market or about the termination of a previously offered service. Letters to consumers are formal and are usually printed on the company letterhead. Depending on the issue and the nature of the content, the letters can be addressed to specific people or generalized for all consumers.
Letters to consumers usually follow all the rules of formal letters. First, the senders' and the recipients' addresses must be well stated and placed properly in the letter. Then, the subject of the letter must be clearly stated so that the recipient can quickly know what the letter is about even before he/she reads it. When it comes to the content, be concise but thoroughly discuss the subject. Mention any action the recipient is supposed to take and why this is important. If there are any enclosures, explain them briefly in the letter. Close the letter with your name, signature, and job title.