- You are relaying a compliment and an invitation or request at the same time, thus, the tone of your letter should be cheerful and complimentary. Be straightforward. Do not use too much flattery.
- Relay the invitation, include the name of the event with the date, time, and place where it will be held. Also, discuss the goal of the event and the persons who will be speaking and or performing.
- Highlight the events that will consist the program, for example, the speakers and performers, the topics to be discussed, possible audience participation and time constraints, Include what you can provide regarding physical facilities, equipment and materials.
- Inform the reader what you can give regarding honorarium, payment of travel and lodging expenses and or opportunities to meet other professionals.
- Encourage the reader to reply within the time frame you provided.
- Express your genuine hope that he or she will accept your invitation.
- Check your grammar for free here
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
The Joe Arts Association always holds an awards night every year to honor exceptional artists in our country. We wish to feature new and modern groups this year in our program.
In a short span of six months, your group has gained popularity for being unique in its style and having a broad range of music and vocals. We hope you will accept our invitation and perform two selections at our event on November 2.
If our invitation is accepted, we will be more than willing to pay your travel expenses. We have to confirm our planning by September 2, so we await your quick reply.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] -Optional-
cc: [Name of copy recipient] -Optional-