- If someone invites you to an event as a professional, be direct in your response. Express pleasure and avoid any unnecessary expressions of reluctance or modesty. It is also the right time to ask for special equipment or materials you may need.
- Accept the invitation with pleasure. Confirm the necessary information like location, time and date.
- Discuss the need for any special equipment and other relevant details.
- Ask about the interests and attitudes of the audience.
- You can also discuss your fee if it's appropriate.
- Finally, talk about travel details and lodgings. Confirm all important details.
- Check your grammar for free here
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I am very pleased to be accepting your invitation to speak at the Coronation Trust Foundation in Granville. I'm very honored to have been chosen.
You have mentioned two topics; the Winter War or 1938 and the Civil War or 1918. I believe that a discussion of the Winter War would be very appropriate given that two recent movies have just depicted scenes from that period of history in two different wants.
My wife and I will be driving to Granville on November 2nd to visit some colleagues at the district university before the Trust Foundation's meeting at 8 pm on November the 3rd. Besides a microphone, the only thing I require is an overhead projector to display some data. Of course, it would also be helpful to know how aware the audience will already be on his topic, and if there will be any members of the audience who have personal family experiences from that place and time?
Thanks so much for your hotel accommodation offer, but since we have family in Granville whom we haven't seen for long we will stay with them as they have offered to have us visit for a few days. Once again thanks for your speaking invitation and I do look forward to meeting the Foundation.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] -Optional-
cc: [Name of copy recipient] -Optional-