- If you get an invitation or a request to make a bid or proposal, you will send a quote, proposal or bid. You will identify the contents of the package you sent in this letter. That's how the reader will know what to do with it.
- You should give the details of the context for your bid by specifying the invitation or request to which you are responding. Give the reason for sending the document.
- Tell the reader what kind of material you have sent. Briefly, sketch an outline of the contents of this document.
- Discuss the important issues and questions about limitations, deadlines, or design flaws. Explain the advantages of your proposal to win this contract.
- Request a response within a particular time. Tell the reader what do you expect him/her to do about your suggestion. If it seems appropriate, ask him/her to acknowledge your quote.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
We are happy that you have invited our company, Rhodes International, to take part in the bidding for your proposed project regarding the construction of a new wing in your office headquarters. We would be more than happy to participate in the project and as such have prepared and attached a document that highlights our estimate of the total cost it would take if you were to hire us to get the job done.
Because, unlike other companies, Rhodes International can get most of our supplies at a wholesale price, we believe our bids are much lower than our competitors. Not only that, but we always guarantee the high quality of our work and are proud to note that we have always been able to complete our commitments on time. We do, however, offer our clients $300 as a late fee for every single day that we go over the deadline. Our offer is that high because we are confident that this will not happen.
We hope that you can give us a response within this week as it will allow us enough time to prepare, should you award us the project. We are hoping for good news and look forward to working with you.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -