- The letter should be short yet has that friendly tone. It should not oblige your client to agree to the contract, however, use this to show your interest and your consideration. He or she must keep the option of checking on the information based on his or her needs and desires. The letter is not a letter of reference, so you must put details important to the occasion.
- Familiarize the contact in an interesting way.
- Shortly describe to the client the experiences you had with the contract.
- Recommend a possible plan of action, without him feeling obliged. Tell him or her everything you have said the deal.
- Close the letter positively.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
My wife told me you guys were looking for a realtor to sell your home. I know you have had a bad experience in the past, but I think I can help you out.
When we moved to the area, we had only one weekend to find a house. Our realtor, Wendy Welcher, spent all of Memorial Day weekend with us. She even bought us lunch!
Wendy tirelessly showed us house after house. When we drove up to "the one", we all knew it. She turned and grinned at us, saying, "Let's take a look!"
Would you believe when we expressed a keen interest in it, she got up in the attic with me and measured insulation. She stepped off square footage to double-check the paperwork. She even had us stand inside the living room while she stepped out and rang the doorbell. She said she wanted to know if it felt like our house in every single way.
If that was not enough, Wendy pulled a favor with a lender she knew. Our loan fell through at the last minute, and she got it done with this other fellow within 48 hours! Wendy is amazing!
Think you should give her a call. If you decide she is not right for you, she will not pester you with phone calls, emails, and letters. She takes you at your word. I respect that.
I am enclosing her business card. She did such a good job for us that I now carry her cards around to hand out.
Let me know what you think!
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -