- Networking is useful when you search for a job or other opportunities because you make a lot of friends and associations who can help you out. You have to provide enough information about your qualifications and needs to make this strategy work. So, they will know which job suits you whenever any opportunity comes up. This letter should serve this purpose.
- Keep in mind the person's association with you before addressing him/her.
- Mention your need for a job. Explain what kind of job you need by specifying the industry and position.
- Skip the first two steps if you don't know the person. Directly state your qualifications, area of expertise and experience.
- If you know the reader very well, and he/she asked for your resume, send the documents. Don't forget to refer to these enclosed documents. Don't send your documents to anyone you don't know very well.
- Mention any particular job requirements such as industry type, location, salary, health and other packages, etc.
- Request the reader's help. End with an expression of appreciation.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I enjoyed making your acquaintance last week. After the wonderful conversation we had, I realized that with regards to my concerns with work at the moment, you would be the best person to talk to and seek advice.
The law firm I'm working with right now has been suffering from management issues and, as a result, has affected the compensation of the employees. It has become an unstable company to work for, which has led to my decision to leave them. At the moment, I am looking for new opportunities and was hoping that you could help me with this. I know that you have invested many years in law and, as a result, have built an incredible reputation among your colleagues and firms within the state. I was hoping you could give me some leads for any job openings.
I would love to talk to you soon. Should you have any questions or would just like to get in touch with me, you can call me at 333-3333. Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -