- When you contact a prospective customer through a mutual acquaintance, you should use a less formal tone. Use this opportunity to refer to your mutual friend. Tell the reader what he/she liked about your product or service. Also, list the benefits the reader can get by purchasing your product or service.
- State the name of the person who told you about the reader. Also, mention why you wrote this letter.
- Promote your products by giving some information that will interest the reader. Either you can give a few details to spark the prospective client's interest, or you can choose to provide detailed information.
- Discuss what the mutual acquaintance liked about your product or service.
- Ask the reader to contact you or offer to communicate with him/her yourself. Also, invite to answer any questions.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
It was great meeting you at the Annual Real Estate Convention a few months back in Summerfield. As you may remember, during that time I shared my thoughts on changing the scenery regarding my career. I have finally made the decision to quit my job at my office and am now a free agent looking to be part of a new team.
I have been in the real estate business for over nine years now and feel that I have the proper credentials to join any team that will take me. I have a great number of clients and have closed many deals and offers, despite the housing industry being what it is.
I would be eternally grateful if you could provide me with any information as to where I can direct my job search. I am willing to relocate and would gladly move to your city if the opportunities lie there. I have attached my curriculum vitae for your review. I can be reached at 333-3333. I look forward to hearing from young from you soon and getting the chance to speak with you again. Thank you.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] - Optional -
cc: [Name of copy recipient] - Optional -