- If you are resigning because of any problems at work or a clash of some sort, you should carefully choose what to write. You might have tried to resolve the problem, but it didn't work out. The real issue might have been the management which didn't or couldn't help. Clash of values with the company is also a problem. So, you should partially highlight the conflict because it may have been in the management itself.
- State that you are resigning. Give a date of entry into force.
- Mention why you are leaving. Mention the opportunities offered elsewhere. You can also be direct about the reasons if it is necessary.
- Appreciate the training and experience you got from this job.
- Explain how much time you need for transferring your duties smoothly.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
I am submitting this letter to announce my retirement from being the senior general operations manager. This decision is to be put into effect at the soonest possible time, hopefully before the end of the month.
The reason for my resignation is that I feel very highly unsatisfied with my work. I have been employed with the company for several months now, and I do not see myself working for a corporation that does not share the same beliefs that I do. I had hoped that because I was enjoying my job so much that perhaps a compromise between the company's ethics and my own. However, I see now that this is not possible. I cannot possibly bear working with a corporation that deems it necessary to strip families of their land and homes.
Despite this major problem with ethics and values that I am experiencing, I would still like to thank the management, especially my supervisor who has tried very hard to reconcile my issues with the company's goals. I am sad to say that things just cannot possibly work out. However, I wish all my colleagues the best of luck, and I do wish them success.
If there is something I could help the company with before my last days such as facilitating the easier transition between me and my replacement, I shall do the best I can. I assure you, however that I will finish all the major projects before I leave the company for good. Thank you.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] -Optional-
cc: [Name of copy recipient] -Optional-