- To make your resignation letter compelling, you should mention your reasons related to the family. One of these reasons is the transfer of your spouse or a job offer in another city. Illness in family or birth of a child requires your presence at home. If you just want to stay with your family or children, then it's a substantial reason to mention in your resignation. Citing such reasons is appropriate. You don't have to specify reasons that are of personal or private nature such as divorce, emotional problems, criminal indictment, drug abuse, etc.
- State that you are resigning. State your position and give a date of entry into force.
- Provide some more details about your plans. Be honest while commenting on the difficulty of this decision.
- Appreciate the training, experience and relationships you had in this job.
- Ask for a letter of recommendation.
- Say something about the possibility of regaining this position, if your employers mentioned it.
[State, ZIP Code]
[State, ZIP Code]
[Subject: Normally bold, summarizes the intention of the letter] -Optional-
Dear [Recipients Name],
It is with a heavy heart that I am resigning from my post as the sales department head. My job means a lot to me, and I have come to think of my colleagues as a second family. However, recent events in my family have made me come to the decision that it would be best for me to stay at home and give my wife the support she needs in one of the toughest times in our lives.
I am thankful for everything the company has given me, and I will always be grateful for everything I have learned throughout my stay in the enterprise.
I thank you for offering me the option to return to the company as soon as I feel that I can do so again. I hold this offer in high regard and gratitude as well. Thank you.
[Senders Title] -Optional-
[Enclosures: number] -Optional-
cc: [Name of copy recipient] -Optional-